Monday, September 24, 2007

It's Officially Autumn!





I had such a great weekend! My best girlfriend, Kelly, and I spent some long overdue time together this weekend on a hunt for a set of antique kitchen chairs to match a table she recently purchased. We had so much fun! We went to Orrville, a small town with a couple antique shops and a really neat store called Audrey's Attic. We shopped ourselves into a frenzy and finally landed at the new Smuckers gift shoppe. We are fortunate to live where there are lots of neat things to do for a day, going to Smuckers is one of them, also we live near the Longerberger basket factory as well. But you see, these are things that as locals we take for granted and never get around to doing because they'll always be there so their really not that big of deal to us. Let me just tell you, I am going toSmuckers...like every chance I get from now on! It is so cute as you can see from the pictures, and they now have a cafe...which features a peanut butter and jelly pizza! Which is awesome! I am going to post a pic of Kelly with the pizza(she'll love that :) After munching down the pizza we did finally get around to checking out the rest of the place, the Smuckers people are so clever, there is a "stained glass window" of jelly jars and an actually chandelier made from strawberry jam jars! Also they have great samples to taste of products and a walk through Smuckers museum. If you are ever in northeast Ohio I highly recommend stopping by the Smuckers Factory Store anddon't forget the PB&J pizza!
Upon returning from my day trip with Kelly, I found that my sweetheart of a husband had brought up some of our Halloween tubs, he said "it's time." LOL So we spent a couple of hours starting to decorate for our favorite holiday! I put up our Halloween village, a favorite at our house and of course some of my collectibles. I tried something different this year, putting them on a wall shelf that hangs above our couch, I don't think I am going to leave them there for long. I have big plans for the large yellow shelf in the corner, I am going to paint it cream and antique it as soon as I get time, hopefully after the country living fair. But if you are like me I am always tweaking displays around our home. I get so much joy out of decorating, it's probably a sickness.
Also, speaking of big plans, I plan on updating my craft room. I took some sad, sad pictures of it's current state. if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.
One last but not least thing, Thank you to those of you who patron my etsy shop and ordered Halloween wands! I will be putting more wands and some other Halloween and Holiday items up this week..so be sure to check it out!

No comments: