Tuesday, September 11, 2007

BIrthday Parties and Captured Fairy Jars





This weekend I had some time on my hands so I started looking through some of my old Somerset Studio magazines. I love having these on hand for inspiration. I turned to a layout that featured jars-captured fairy jars, altered photographs in jars...I dabbled in this before and they were fun to make so I decided to make some more. I kind of went a little crazy with it, I recently was given one of my favorite gifts of all time- a ton of old jars and coffee cans from a friend of mine. Her husband has dreams of a Bob Villa- type garage with tons of jars filled with screws and nails..and other manly things. I was happy to receive their over-flow and have been itching to use them ever since. I made a total of seven jars...I think it was all the diamond dusting the day before that put me in a fairy mood, because they all are fairies.
On Sunday, I spent the afternoon at my brother and sister-in-law's house with their four kids celebrating the middle two kids' birthdays. I took a couple picks of the tags I attached to their gifts, they turned out kinda cute I thought. Craft On!

No comments: