Sunday, July 22, 2007

It can't be closed!




So we ended up going to two amazing antique malls yesterday. Both Matthew and I were lucky and found some neat things. We first drove down to Strasburg Antique Mall, a favorite of ours. It was such a beautiful day to drive down through the green Ohio country side. There we spent about two hours digging through our favorite booths. I picked up some sheet music and a tiny jar of old shell buttons for crafting. Matthew found an old book with science fiction short stories,his favorite. I did see some other things that I really wanted, like always, but I wasn't really in the mood to make any major purchases. So from there we went to eat at one of the gazillion Amish restaurants near there and then we headed to Kidron Village Antiques. We were so disappointed when we finally made it, there was a sign on the shop door saying that they were closing early. We were so bummed out but it actually turned out great because we started a new adventure.
I have always wanted to go to the Smuckers factory store in Orrville, which was only about twenty minutes from where we were, so we headed down that way. We were discussing what we would buy, I have been craving some Smuckers blackberry jam for the longest time! We get there...and it's closed. Well, we were again bummed out but luckily at the Amish restaurant Matthew and I picked up some brochures. We started going through them and discovered that we were minutes from an antique mall, so we headed that way. We discovered a great antique mall/flea market! This place is filled with super cute things, two floors full! In the back of this enormous store is a flea market filled with tables and tables of stuff. Matthew was in heaven sorting through stacks of records and old VHS tapes looking for his horror fix. I on the other hand was going through every booth looking for a hidden treasure. I hope to take some pictures next time of some of the booths that are set up. Some of them are just precious, so creative and cute how they are furnished. I wanted everything! I ended up getting and old glass jar of glitter that Matthew spotted, a little bag of some yo-yo quilt pieces, some more old sheet music and the coolest old art deco frame that I am going to put on my long list of things to paint. I could have gotten so much more but I was in such an indecisive mood yesterday, it happens from time to time. Matthew got a ton of old horror movies on VHS(his favorite)and some old heavy metal cassette tapes(his other favorite).
All in all, even though we ran into some bumps in the road, it was a great relaxing day filled with fun finds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey check this out! Its the Lake Erie craft show. Seems right up your alley!

http://www.lakesideohio.com/
________
July 26-28

Lakeside Annual Craft Show

Lakeside

For more information, contact the Lakeside Association at 419-798-4461 or 1-866-952-5374, or visit www.lakesideohio.com.

____________

Hey keep up the good work, I really enjoy reading your blog. It inspires me to do great things with glue.

Cork Muh-Glin