Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I love crafting blogs...

Today I had a minute to look at "Everyday is a Holiday." (see My Favorite Places) This is such a great blog written by an amazing designer, living near NYC. I don't know about you but I love looking at crafter's blogs. I find it so inspiring! I can't believe how many times I have seen something on the web that I just have to try to make, it really sparks my creativity! I never used to do this, I think I felt that if I looked at other crafter's work that I would somehow lose my own vision. I have realized that actually the opposite happens. It serves as an inspiration for a whole new crafty vision. So about six months ago I started visiting some of my favorite designer/crafter blogs daily. I have found that not only do I love seeing what is new and hip in the crafting world but I have gotten to know them through reading their entries. It is so neat. Unfortunately I only have a few "crafty" friends who really get why I could be so obsessed with crepe paper and german glass glitter. I get alot of strange looks from family and friends when they ask what my husband and I did over the weekend and I start to explain a great adventure to a flea market. They look at me like "ewwww, why would you get a table there and not at Target????" (love Target by the way, but it could never replace my flea markets!) So anyhow, I guess that is also why I love my favorite crafting blogs, it is my escape to a world where I can be with like-mided people and on top of that warm feeling I can find out what glue works best with glass glitter! Great tips!

No comments: