Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Fever!


Last weekend~ in the midst of our own little Blizzard here in Northeast Ohio, I felt I was going a little crazy! As the snow fell, I just couldn't stand it anymore so I decided even if it was going to look like January outside it was going to be Spring inside of our house :) I started my Spring and Easter decorating with a bang~ first in the dining room and then in the family room~ I did buy a very cute Spring wreath with little Easter eggs on it for the front door, but I thought I would cry if I saw it frozen and covered in snow~ so I am holding off on hanging that till the snow completely thaws...maybe by June??? LOL


This is my first little Easter display, I found some AMAZING new bunnies over at TJ Maxx of all places~ I like the way they look added in with some of my own handmade Spring craft delights and some from other crafty artists that I bought on etsy!
As you can see I still haven't been able to put away my pink bells nickle Santa that my husband got me for Christmas~ I just LOVE him, and since he is in pink I think he can stay around through summer.


This is the bottom of the shelf in my family room~I used this flea market find stool to add a little height to the vignette, and topped with a few of my favorite Cody Foster putz houses. The large papermache bunny is from The CountryHouse ~ I picked him at the store in Salsbury, Maryland a couple years ago when we visited Ocean City~ he is actually a candy container too. You can check out their website here, check out their seasonal items~ really cute stuff!!
Next to him, the picture kind of cuts off, but that little bunny I picked up at a garage sale~ I love the chipped paint on him.


This is also a little vignette from my family room shelf~ these are some new little guys that I picked up at a local "never-know-what-you-are-going-to-find"/bargain/grocery store that we have in Northeast Ohio called Marcs. These were so inexpensive and are SO SO So adorable! I feel so lucky to have gotten them~ usually they only have a few of each item there, so you have to go often to find the best stuff~ because it goes quick, I guess it just happened to be my lucky day!!!


I hope that all of you are having fun preparing your homes for Spring and Easter time too!
If you want to see some more pics of my displays, you can check out my flickr site here.

Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!! Your easter display is sooo beautiful! You certainly have an eye for finding the cutest, vintage inspired decor! Hope you are have a lovely weekend!

Lori said...

gorgeous Easter bunnies and such!!! i need to check out TJ Maxx more often...i wonder if mine has any bunnies left? your display are just adorable!!!

Our Hands For Hope said...

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know I linked and sited a cute little photo from you on my site. Love your work.
Blessings,
Terisa

Unknown said...

I see some tatting tucked in there hanging over the top shelf of that cupboard. Very nice display of tatting. I love it!